Siemens Energy Solutions (E O SOL) is a leading supplier of integrated solutions for the Oil & Gas Industry. We aspire to manage the value chain from feed/studies, pre-engineering, detailed engineering, installation, commissioning as well as long term operational support to our customers. Our portfolio consist of systems and solutions for Offshore Drilling and Production, Subsea, Onshore- Production, Pipelines, Tank farms and Terminals as well as solutions for Integrated Operations and smart Oil and Gas fields. Solutions Operations as headquarter is responsible for all projects globally and the development of regional execution entities, and seek:
Senior Site Manager
Your responsibility as team member of the headquarter organization will be to support:
• Development of the Site Management function and community within the global Solutions organization.
• Headquarter monitoring of projects performance of regional execution entities within Solutions, by applying qualified technical reviews including advising on improvements, risks, possible solutions and corrective actions
• Regional Solutions execution entities within the area of Site Management and tools by performing training, workshops, coaching, or other direct activities
• The global Site Management community of Solutions to achieve synergies, including best practice sharing, lessons learned, sharing and improvement of tools and processes as well as implementation of new tools and processes
• Headquarter’s competence assessment of regional execution entities within the area of Site Management
For appointed projects, Site Manager is responsible for:
• Manage and lead the Siemens site team including possible Siemens sub-contractors
• HSSE responsibility for all site activities and site personnel from Solutions and partners
• Technical and commercial responsibility for site related activities, documents and equipment
• Ensuring timely, and cost effective, execution of all site / commissioning activities in accordance with budget, overall plan, milestones, standard technical solutions and Siemens QA system
• Ensuring that correct project change handling methodology is executed for all site / commissioning activities
• Facilitate and ensure that all resources representing Siemens have the required skills, valid work permit, required safety training, required certificates and are familiar with HSSE regulations
• Maintain Siemens interests at site by documenting and flagging any concerns (safety, equipment handling and preservation, theft, etc.)
• Handle faulty/damaged equipment and warranty claims
• Manage spare parts and test equipment under Siemens responsibility
• Appropriate handling of any functionality changes between FAT completion and commissioning testing.
• Ensuring that all deviations from technical solutions are brought to the attention of, and approved by, TPM
• Review and approval of the relevant parts of the original contract including specifications, laws and regulations
• Defining and planning resources for site / commissioning activities for all project phases, in cooperation with Project Manager (PM) and Technical Project Manager (TPM)
• Review and update punch lists. Make sure that all punch items rectified and closed out
• Production of progress reports for site / commissioning activities
• Participation and assistance to the customer in site planning, and be Solutions project representative where required in customer meetings
• Weekly time sheet checks for any Solutions project team member, and ensure sign-off by the customer. Discrepancies related to changes, waiting time or other issues to be noted on the time sheet
• Enforcing process of Red mark-up for all installation/commissioning documentation for all equipment
• Team Leader with strong intercultural understanding and sensitivity
• Customer oriented
• Proactive and solution orientated
• HSSE and quality conscious
• Good understanding of the industry, customers, suppliers and contracts
• Good communication and English language skills, both oral and writing
Skills and experience:
• Education as Bachelor or M.Sc.
• More than 15 years engineering experience in oil and gas industry
• More than 10 years of experience as Site Manager within the oil and gas industry, handling multidiscipline projects (preferably electrical & automation and/or construction)
• Minimum 5 years of international experience or experience from leading multicultural teams
Primarily Oslo. Extensive traveling.
Possibilities for delegation or local contract in Brazil, China, Germany, Norway, Singapore, UAE or USA.
• Exciting challenges in an energetic international working environment.
• Competitive terms.
• Good career opportunities in Norway and abroad.
Contact Terje Strom – Link International – tel 0047 911 44 511 for more information